Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Articles in Kompas.com

Hello guys... how's life?? Long time no see hah?.. :)

Lately, I found my new toys in the website world particularly journalism world. Have you ever heard Kompas.com? Yup, this is web based "newspaper" with spirit "anyone, written anything" or perhaps you are familiar with the term citizen journalism. Nowadays, when information is very easy to access, every people are entitle to deliver any stories, news or even just a joke.

I got this web from advertisement in their newspaper Kompas. With very high spirit of curiosity and excitement, I browse this web thoroughly and directly enroll for membership (off course free lah.. ). After get my account, I tried to explore my mind and write down into an article then try to submit it. My first submitted article was "Bos Pengemis : Tanda Kiamat sudah dekat?" which showed in KoKi blog (http://community.kompas.com/read/blog/50).

As you know, within this month there was a huge sport event Euro 2008 which held in Austria and Swiss. Like every people, I also watched some matches broadcsted in the television. Suddenly I got an idea to be an amateur journalist and tried to wrote down some results. The first football article I wrote was about match between Spain Vs Sweden and alhamdulillah that article was published! (http://community.kompas.com/read/artikel/429)

After that euro article, my spirit is highly increase and tried to explore some stories and wrote down it. The results? Kompas approved my other articles about euro 2008. First is prediction article about semifinal match between Turks Vs Germany (http://community.kompas.com/read/artikel/499) and the other one is story about professionalism attitude showed by Netherland football player ( http://community.kompas.com/read/artikel/521).

The interesting part in this journey is, everytime my article was published I directly send email to all my family and colleagues to read my articles. My sibblings were very surprised about this and send some mails to support me.

Yeah, this new experience really give "fresh blood" to keep alive and keep writing....

So Guys, never afraid to push the boundaries and try something new...

See ya...

No comments: