Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Majelis Rasulullah

Have you ever heard mention term? or just hear it by now? Yes, this time, I will write down about that term as my way home experience. Here we go...

Monday, 09.30 pm...I just finished my monthly report and on the way to went home. I choosed to take Pejaten street to get home. During my way home, I saw many men weared "Sarong" and Muslim cap ("Peci") standed on the "Republika" intersection and talked to each other, beside those men I also watched some flags and attributes labeled "Majelis Rasulullah".

I was wondering and whispering in my heart "Who are They?, What are they doing there?" I watched them suspiciously and started to thing negatively, "are they FPI, who will do mass attack to some night club? or what?" I tried to trash out all those negative thoughts and speed-up my bike. After I passed that intersection and meddle in Pejaten street, numbers of those guys were enormously accumulated, not only men but also women. Uniquely all those women were wearing jilbab and purdah. They were walking into same direction into a mosque with loud speaker.

"Ah...I found the fact know, they were going to "pengajian" held by Majelis Rasulullah group". I slow down my bike and tried to find out more but can't reach the place because access street to that event were closed and some men standed nearby. I started to recall my mind to few months ago when I found similar figure at one of big mosque on pasar minggu street. In fact, they were same people and held similar event. The street was flooded with men wearing "sarong" and moslem cap.

After that night, I try to explore more through browsing their website (http://majelisrasulullah.org/). they declare as "the biggest youth islamic majelis" in Jakarta moreover they explain "majelis rasulullah" choosen as their group name because the content of islamic event held is always about Rasullullah SAW. Honestly, my feeling about them are splitted into two sides. One side, I felt happy there is a place for young people to learn about islam but in other side, I am wondering why they are so confident to choose "majelis Rasulullah". I dont mean to understimate them but I think when someone or group of people have darely declared that they are part of prophet Muhammad's majelis then they must show implementation of Muhammad's thought in their life. Yeah, I hope they declaration is trully implemented not just stated in jacket or flag.

My main idea here is not to judge "who are right" or "who are wrong" but I just want to share my mind and ideas. Enjoy your night....

Wallahu Alam Bishawab.

No comments: